HOMEWORK FOR WHEN SCHOOL IS CLOSED
- Continue reading for at least 20 min daily. This is your opportunity to read even more and improve rapidly. Read to yourself. Read to your siblings. Read to your parents. Read to your pets.
- Do your WOW book three times a week – use tasks in your WOW book.
- Read different eBooks on Oxford Owl website (www.oxfordowl.co.uk) Go through ‘My class login’ (username: elfrida magnolia password: book)
- More eBooks to read:
www.getepic.com (sign up for free for 30 days!)
- Start a diary. Write a few sentences about your day every other day. What did you do? What film did you watch? What did you cook? Which toy did you play with? How did you feel about different activities you did? etc.
- Make a comic book with your favourite characters. Use paper or this online tool: http://readwritethink.org/files/resources/interactives/comic/index.html
- Use this http://www.pobble365.com as a daily stimulus for talking and writing. Activities under the photo - a new photo every day. This is great!
- More writing ideas can be found here:
- Use these websites to practise basic maths skills:
- Play maths games on Oxford Owl website (www.oxfordowl.co.uk) Go through ‘My class login’ (username: elfrida magnolia password: book)
- Year 2 Home Learning Pack (see below)
- Great maths games for all levels at www.sumdog.com (You can sign up for free!)
- ‘5 MINUTE MOVE’ and ‘Cosmic Yoga’ on YouTube
GRAMMAR, PUNCTUATION & SPELLINGS
- Look at SATs papers from previous years and practise arithmetic, reasoning and reading.