While school is closed, I have set you work to do on purple mash. I will checking and marking this work. Each week new different activities will be added and I will constantly be monitoring your progress!
Well done if you have already logged in and completed some of your work J I have been recording your scores, if you have completed a quiz and adding comments if you have completed a set piece of work.
If you can, you must log in and complete the work that is set for you! I really look forward to seeing your efforts and sending you comments.
I will also be checking your progress on Big Maths and Lexia. Again, a huge well done to the pupils who have already completed their learn its or have been on Lexia already J
LINKS FOR ALL OF THE WEBSITES CAN BE FOUND UNDER THE CHILDREN SECTION ON THE ELFRIDA PRIMARY SCHOOL WEBSITE.
Home Learning for when school is closed:
- Read for 15mins every day and complete your WOW book once a week.
- Passwords will be sent out for Lexia, so you can use this daily for 20 minutes.
- Use the website ‘phonics play’ or the YouTube links below to read your phonics sounds and tricky words daily
- Practise your number bonds to 10 or 20
- Write out your numbers counting in 2’s, 5’s or 10’s
- Count daily from 1 to 100
- Go on a 2D or 3D shape hunt around your house and see how many shapes you can find
- Order some items at home from smallest to largest or heaviest to lightest
- Keep a diary and write a few sentences about your day
- Draw a picture and write a few sentences about your favourite toy
- Draw a picture and write a few sentences about the people in your home
- Write the story of Cinderella or the Three Little Pigs which we have learnt in class, have a go at writing your own versions of these stories.
Health and Fitness
- Cosmic yoga – please see link below
- Joe Wicks, The Body Coach will be holding live PE lessons daily at 9am on his YouTube channel ‘The Body Coach TV’
Great websites to support home learning:
https://twinkl.co.uk/offer - parents can sign up for a month’s free subscription
Phonics Tricky words song Phase 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R087lYrRpgY
Phonics Tricky words song Phase 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NOzgR1ANc4
Phonics Phase 5 sounds song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPW-ZkhRUPY
Doubles song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jOzhiACB68
Counting in 2’s song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvTcpfSnOMQ
Counting in 5’s song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EemjeA2Djjw
Counting in 10’s song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYRTtwZGwj8
Cosmic Kids Yoga https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
Thank you to all the parents who came to assist us on our journey to Beckenham Odeon Cinema! The children really enjoyed their morning out where they watched the Secret life of Pets 2 with their friends. Thanks again!
The children wrote about their trip to the cinema! Stay tuned to view their lovely writing this week!
It's our Nativity play on Thursday Dec 12th! Tickets are now on sale in the office! Please come and support your kids who have started to learn their lines and practise their songs! It is sure to be a lovely and spectacular performance from the youngest students in our school!